Diet.

Diet.

So I have been merrily eating my way to a 14lb weight increase since my wedding last year. My name is Cara and I am an evening offender. I eat healthily throughout the day. Then I eat my dinner with the boys at 5pm so by the time Si comes home at 7pm I’m starving again and this is where I go off the rails.

I can eat anything extra from bowls of cereals, share bars of chocolates to just giving up completly and eating another full meal with Si.

Today, Monday 17th October I weighed my heaviest non pregnant weight of 10 stone. Which doesn’t make me overweight but it does make me feel conscious about my body and all my clothes are uncomfortably tight.

So my plan is to start slim fast. A meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch with two pieces of fruit as snacks followed by a low calorie meal in the evening.

Also I plan to stay outdoors as much as possible between meals so that I’m far away from the fridge. I want to force those eight glasses of water a day into my system which means although far from the fridge I’ll need to be near to a toilet!

I feel that gaining weight has made me lose so much. I’ve lost confidence and I’m avoiding affection with my husband because I feel so unattractive.

As I’ve got older my will power has got so much worse so this is going to be such a struggle for me.

I look at so many women promoting body confidence and think they are absolutely amazing. I know I’m not overweight and I should be happy with my body but I just can’t change my mindset. Also I know eating healthily is a better option than fad diets, however I just need something simple to change my eating habits initially before committing to a healthy lifestyle.

So here goes. Wish me luck!

1. October 17, 2016 / 9:30 am

slimfast IS a fad diet and not suitable long term. You should try slimming world. In my first 2 months i lost a stone, not only that but it stays off and teaches you those healthy habits you were talking about. The slimming world community on instagram is also one of the most encouraging ive ever come across. My insta name is lsav_sw and its purely slimming world related. Youre beautiful anyway but i know what you mean about the confidence thing!

• October 17, 2016 / 9:31 am

Hello! I’d love to try slimming world but with my BMI being healthy I’m not allowed to join! 😞

• October 20, 2016 / 8:01 pm

What! Thats ridiculous, its a healthy lifestyle choice not just a diet! If you would like a copy of the books or anything id be happy to send them to you. I dont think you need it at all but Its done my confidence the world of good x

• Katie
        October 24, 2016 / 10:20 am

Hey Cara, great blog! I’m a massive fan of Slimming World too, I lost over a stone in two months and for the most part its stayed off. I joined online as I didn’t want to go to a group (I know for others this is ace, but for me, no thank you!). I’d be surprised if they didn’t let you join online!? Katie x

2. October 18, 2016 / 5:52 pm

I feel your pain.. I only got married 4 months ago and managed to pile everything back on!!!! I was training with a PT before the wedding and just stopped!! But have found the courage to go back to bootcamp twice a week and already I feel better and am wanting to eat healthier!!! I too feel SHIT in clothes and have a whole wardrobe there waiting for me, all a bit too tight at the mo! Why is food so god damn bloody good??? Good luck. you look fab anyway, but toattly know that feeling!! H x

3. October 19, 2016 / 7:24 pm

I know you followed my WordPress account lovely but not sure if you see my new posts now I’m self hosted ….I’m so rubbish with technical stuff x

4. Carly
    October 22, 2016 / 12:17 pm

Cara – you look great and I don’t think you need to loose weight at all but have you thought about the body coach? It would be suitable for you even though your normal weight. Slim fast is not sustainable and not healthy – body coach will help you build muscle and get lean – so you may not loose much weight as you don’t really need to but you’ll loose inches and get healthier!l and notice a. It difference in your clothes. I’m following it at the moment and I have two children so it totally fits with that lifestyle. I’m never hungry – in fact I eat more than before but it’s the right food at the right time and excercise too. I’m @carlys84 if you want to check out my instagram xx

5. October 27, 2016 / 4:46 am

Cara if I can give you 1 bit of advice it would be make sure it works for you and the goals YOU want. I see that you eat in the evenings there are diets out there that allow for that flexibility you could look into intermittent fasting maybe. I don’t want to be that guy that pushes his blog in comments but I really think you should check it out at some point as I’m going to be exploring how to taylor diets to an individual http://www.thewhatiknow.com also you can find me on instagram @TheWhatChrisKnows. Good luck with journey I wish you all the best.

6. Stacy
    November 11, 2016 / 10:49 pm

Are you sure Slimming World won’t let you join? I’m currently doing Slimming World, I can check with my consultant if you like?

How tall are you?

It really does help and promotes healthy weight loss.